<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I am trying to get back to blogging more regularly. It probably won't be a daily thing as for the most part my cartoon sites The Weird World of Weiss and Rock the Culture are my daily venting tool. But occasionally I need to vent on things in a more verbal format and this is one of those times.

This past Monday was the first anniversary of the worst day of my life, the day I had my heart attack. I had so many questions, but the big one was really "Why now, God?" Over the year He has been faithful in showing me that. My priorities are in the process of being adjusted, I have drawn closer to Him and I am taking better care of my body, eating better and losing weight. I think I am the world's fourth largest consumer of lettuce, lol. I think about every morsel of food I put in my mouth and it's working. I eat to live rather than living to eat and it is working.

That's part of the reason why I am a little surprised by my visceral reaction to the latest lunacy I hear coming out of, of all people, the Children's Television Network. Have you heard about this? Under pressure from parents Groups, CTW has decidedto change the Cookie Monster's diet. Cookie now says Cookies are a sometimes food. Hello. We have people who used to teach kids how to eat, they were called parents. Let the puppet eat what he wants. He is cookie monster after all. If the biggest problem I had in my life was the diet of a blue furry puppet, I would consider myself even more blessed than I already do. It's time to get real, people. These kinds of stupid piddly issues are a symptom of a larger disease. We protest and yell and scream trying to change all this external stuff because we have written off the One who changes hearts. Church we need to be about the business of being the light of the world.

C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?