<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Radically Real on Politics
Everyone has their issues and we are all basically all one issue people. There is a litmus test for nearly every person. I can't bring myself to vote for prochoice candidates for example. Clinton served the economy (the idol of our age?) well enough that nothing else mattered. Pacifists won't vote republican and on and on and on. Bottom line. No political solution wiill work. I'm pro life, but voting prolife is not going to change the problem, because it's not a political issue, it's a heart issue. If I see one more Christian holding up a poster of a mutilated baby or wearing an abortion is homicide tshirt I am going to explode. If we really cared we'd lay down our signs and get involved in people's lives. We'd come along side young women that have made a mistake and show them the love of Jesus and the truth that can set them free.

No politician can fix every problem and make everyone happy, and so we continue on the same old quandary. Politics is a no win situation, so here is what I have decided to do. Cast my one vote for the person I think will do the best job and get back to doing what I am called to do, pray for my leaders whoever they elect and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All this political stuff is going to burn one day, we need to get back to the eternal.

I'd like to remind all my pacifist brothers and sisters that John Kerry has a snowball in hell's chance of bringing peace as does Bush. Jesus brings peace. Vote for Kerry if you must, vote for Bush if you must, then get back to reaching the lost. That's what will bring real peace, one soul at a time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?