<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Rarely will I post the same thing to both blogs simultaneously yet it has now happened two days in a row. There are two blogs amokarts and radically real. They deal with subjects near and dear to my heart. Amokarts deals with arts ministry and radically real deals with a passion on my heart to challenge Christians from myself on up to live authentic Christian lives. Today's post encompasses both. It is a quote from an artist desiring to live an authentic Christian life. The artist is Mark Shultz. He is a recording artist (and youth worker) who has the uncanny ability to write songs that make this old preacher cry his eyes out. I read this on the liner of his latest CD Stories and Songs.

"This record seems to have a theme. A theme that asks 'What will I do with the time that's left?' I have spent so much of my time like most people living as the main character of my own small story. Through the struggles of growing and maturing over the last two years God has allowed me to see that He is inviting me to take part in his larger story. One where He is the main character and the focus and where I play a smaller yet crucial role that He wrote specifically for me. I hope that in these songs you will also hear a quiet voice calling you to the larger story."

Amen Mark, that voice and helping others to hear it should be the focus of our art and our lives.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?