<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 19, 2004

Want to start a fight?
It's simple really, just go to a Christian e-list and bring up subjects like pre-trib, post-trib, or pan trib rapture. Unless it's a rare group where everyone agrees, you will find the love thy neighbor thing flies right out the window. You want to know what I think? I think we spend too much time arguing over this stuff. My job is not to be right about the rapture. My job is to let people know about the One who will bring it about.

I preached yesterday on John the Baptist. I like John and I'd like to be like John (except I'll take my honey bug-free, thank you very much). He got the call to make the path straight for the Lord and it looks for all the world like he got up and went right out into the wilderness and got to work. He didn't sit around for 30 years debating theories on the coming of the Messiah. He started baptizing. He became the coice of one calling in the wilderness and he accomplished his mission.

Around chapter three, His disciples started realizing that people were leaving John to go with Jesus and this troubled them (you mean the numbers obsessed church isn't a recent phenomena??? I'm shocked) John hit on a key that I think the church needs to get a handle on. John told His disciples He must become greater, I must become less. John was the first prophet in Israel in 400 years and he is arguably the most important one and he knew he wasn't fit to untie Jesus shoes. Maybe it's time we stop fighting over theological things (after all how many people outside the church have a clue, or for that matter care at all about the rapture or any of the other stuff we fight about.) and start showing people the real Jesus. Of course that requires us becoming transparent, you know, Jesus becoming greater and us becoming less. Can we do it?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?